What are Cookies?
Cookies is any type of file or device that is downloaded into the end device of the User in order to store data that can be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for its installation.
Types of Cookies
According to the entity that manages them:
- Our own Cookies: Our own Cookies are those sent to the User’s end device from a device or domain managed by the editor him/herself and from which the service requested by the User is provided.
- Third-party Cookies Third-party cookies are those sent to the User’s end device from a device or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through Cookies.
According to the time period they remain activated:
- Session Cookies: Session Cookies are a type of Cookies designed to gather and store data while the User accesses a webpage. They usually serve to store information only stored for the provision of the service requested by the User on a single occasion (e.g. a list of purchased products).
- Persistent Cookies Persistent cookies are a type of Cookies in which the data is stored in the device and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the Cookies, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
According to its purpose:
- Technical Cookies: Technical Cookies are those that permit the User to navigate through a webpage, platform or application and the usage of the different options or services that exist within it, for example, managing the traffic and communication of data, identifying the session, access to the restricted parts, remembering the elements that comprise an order, implementing the purchase process of an order, implementing the request for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing contents for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalization Cookies Personalization Cookies are those that permit the User to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the User’s device, such as the language, the type of browser through which the User accesses the service, the regional configuration from where he/she accesses the service, etc.
- Analysis Cookies: Analysis Cookies are those that permit the person responsible for the Cookies to monitor and analyze the behavior of the Users of the websites to which they are linked. The information gathered through this type of Cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, the application or platform and for the creation of the Users’ navigation profiles of the above-mentioned sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in the function of the analysis of the usage data that the Users of the service render.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising Cookies are those that allow the management, in the most efficient manner possible, of the advertising spaces which, if applicable, the editor has included in a webpage, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency at which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies: Behavioral Advertising Cookies are those that allow the management, in the most efficient manner possible, of advertising spaces which, if applicable, the editor has included in a webpage, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These Cookies store information on the behavior of Users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display the advertising based on it.
What types of Cookies does this website use?
The cookies issued by MIRTO are the following:
and there is no __utma Cookie. The Cookie is updated every time data are sent to Google Analytics.
|__utmb||30 minutes from the configuration or update||Google Analytics||It is used to determine new sessions or visits. The Cookie is created when the
data are sent to Google Analytics.
|__utmc||End of browser session||Google Analytics||It is not used in ga.js. It is configured to interact with urchin.js. This Cookie previously performed together with the __utmb Cookie to determine if the user was in a new session or visiting.|
|__utmz||Six minutes from the configuration or update||Google Analytics||Stores the traffic source or the campaign that explains how
and it is updated each time data are sent to Google Analytics.
|Guest_id||2 years||Cookie created by Twitter.com to recognize you if you are a user of this social network
and are registered in it.
|_ga:||2 years||Cookie created by Twitter.com to recognize you if you are a user of this social network
and are registered in it.
|pid||1 year||Cookie created by Twitter.com to recognize you if you are a user of this social network
and are registered in it.
To delete Cookies from your browser:
If the User desires, it is possible to stop accepting the browser Cookies, or stop accepting the Cookies of a particular service.
All modern browsers allow you to change the Cookies settings. These settings are usually found in “Options” or “Preferences” on your browser menu.
- The browser settings, for example:
- Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Microsoft Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html
- Other third-party tools, available online, which permit Users to detect Cookies on each website they visit and manage their deactivation (for example, Ghostery: http://www.ghostery.com/privacy-statement)